Basharat is a Solicitor Advocate [All Proceedings]. Having graduated from the University of Sheffield he completed his Legal Practice Course [LPC] at the College of Law, Store Street, London. Prior to founding Aman Solicitors Advocates Basharat practiced, firstly, as an employed solicitor and thereafter as a freelance solicitor and solicitor advocate with a number of firms across England.
Solicitor Advocate & Director
Basharat has a broad range of experience as a solicitor and or as a solicitor advocate across the following areas of law:
1. Civil litigation, including unlawful detention and judicial review in many areas of law;
2. Immigration, asylum, nationality law, deportation, removal, detention, bail, SIAC cases;
3. Public and regulatory law for example dealing with disciplinary proceedings involving the General Medical Council, taxi licensing matters, food hygiene prosecutions etc;
4. Challenging decisions by a coroner to deny the use of non-invasive autopsies for orthodox Muslims and Jews;
5. Education law, for example, representing students challenging schools and universities in relation to disciplinary matters and also representing institutions challenging adverse decisions by government bodies.
6. Family law, Islamic wills & Probate, Criminal law.
Emergency Work & Injunctions
Basharat has extensive experience in obtaining emergency injunctions including outside of court hours and on weekends. He has successfully obtained many emergency court orders such as stopping the removal of people from the UK by the Home Office and challenging emergency freezing orders. Basharat has also obtained injunctions against a coroner for not allowing Muslim and Jewish families to avoid a fully invasive autopsy on the bodies their deceased family members.
Basharat has appeared as an advocate in courts and tribunals in England & Wales including the High Court, Court of Appeal and the House of Lords.
House of Lords (which subsequently became the Supreme Court)
The Secretary of State for the Home Department v AH (Sudan) & Ors  UKHL 49
Januzi & Ors v The Secretary of State for the Home Department  UKHL 5
Court of Appeal (Civil Division)
Dabrowski & Ors, R (On the Application Of) v Secretary of State for the Home Department  EWCA Civ 580
S, R (On the Application Of) v Secretary of State for the Home Department  EWCA Civ 546
EN (Serbia) v Secretary of State for the Home Department  EWCA Civ 630
Sonmez v Secretary of State for the Home Department  EWCA Civ 582
QJ (Algeria) v Secretary of State for the Home Department  EWCA Civ 1478
Ahmed v Secretary of State for the Home Department  EWCA Civ 118